statcounter

Friday, May 13, 2011

Fred Rubble

Web world, shredders, surf junkies, meet Fred. Fred has been a creation with the boys at Channel Islands surfbords and myself. We came up with the name Fred Rubble for a few different reasons. Mainly it is due to the fact that the board is kind of a mix of a bunch of different stuff. It isn't particularly like any other model in CI's line. It all spawned with my inability to ride a proton when the waves were junky and crappy and/or mushy and gutless. Protons are awesome and are my favorite in waves, but when your a heavy footed turd, they can be pretty hard to grovel on. So, we designed Fred. Fred is wider through the outline and in the tail, has a low entry rocker, fuller rails, and has a double concave to v through the back half. With these features I have found Fred to be the perfect all around short board for California. It has become my go-to board for contests and free surfing in any waves head high and under. It's still a work in progress but it is well under way, and man have I sure had a few really good ones. It loves to go fast and is still nice and loose while excelling when put on rail. Even I have managed to get in the air a few times on it, and that's saying something! The second reason we named it Fred Ruble, is because of my feet. I have THE widest feet ever. I have always joked around and said that I have Fred Flinstone feet. Well, it's true. Plus, I even look kind of like the guy....  Anyways, Fred is well underway, and in June it should be making an official release into the world of surfboards and ready for all of you to shred on.
CC.

4 comments:

  1. thanks Connor for the info on your new board. I all ready custom ordered my Fred. can't wait till June.

    K.Heine

    ReplyDelete
  2. stock dims seem a little wide! is 5'10 really the smallest one??

    ReplyDelete
  3. where are the stock dims?

    ReplyDelete